Pet Insurance: Manchester CT, East Hartford CT, All CT Towns
The Insurance Store of CT is introducing Pet Insurance to our clientele. So many of us are pet owners. The cost of veterinary care for our beloved family pets has increased tremendously over the past several years. The cost of well care visits and vaccinations are getting more expensive every year. When our dogs and cats get sick or injured, the financial outlay can be catastrophic. We are delighted to announce that we are now offering Hartville Pet Insurance through Safeco.
Let me relate an example of a personal experience with my Golden Retriever Hannah. Hannah got cancer at a young age and had a major operation to remove a tumor from her chest. This procedure and the hospital stay cost me $3000. A year later the tumor returned and we had to schedule chemotherapy for a year. If you could save money and pay less for veterinary bills, wouldn’t you?
The Insurance Store of CT can offer Hartville Pet Insurance through Safeco that will help you save money on veterinary bills for your furry family.
The Insurance Store of Connecticut 303 East Center St, Manchester, CT 06040. Request A Quote.
Pet Health Care Facts:
- In 2015 47.7 million households owned a dog and 43.2 million households owned a cat
- In 2015 the number of insured pets increased 12% from 2014
- In 2015 vet bills increased to $38.2 billion and in 2016 they were expected to increase by 4.7% to $40 billion
- In 2015 the market for pet health insurance reached an estimated $795 million, and it is expected to rise at a double digit annual rate through 2020
Real Examples of Veterinary Bills
The following are some examples of actual veterinary bills that were paid by pet owners.
- $2488 for surgery to remove an ingested foreign object
- $3292 for surgery to remove bladder stones
- $760 for treatment for allergies
- $8280 for cancer treatments
- $5082 for exploratory surgery to remove an ingested foreign object
- $1301 for hospitalization due to vomiting
About Pet Insurance Policies
- Pet insurance is actually filed under property & casualty insurance in all 50 states
- The policies are issued for a 12 month policy period
- You can bring your pet to any licensed vet in the US or Canada
- You can get a multiple pet discount of 10% for each additional pet you insure on the same policy
- You have a choice of pay plans, pay in full, quarterly, semi annually and monthly
- There is a 30 day money back guarantee if you change your mind and have not put in a claim during that time
The plans that are covered through the insurance are – accident only which covers broken bones, torn ligaments, lodged foreign objects and toxic ingestions.
There is also complete coverage which covers accidents, injuries and illnesses such as cancer and diabetes; also congenitial, hereditary and genetic conditions such as hip dysplasia. They cover prescription medications, diagnostics, blood work, x-rays and ultrasounds. Surgery and hospitalization are also covered.
Behavorial issues such as separation anxiety are covered, as are dental cleanings and diseases such as gingivitis.
Preventive care can be added to either plan (see the tables below).
The annual limits of coverage range from $2500 up to unlimited coverage and once chosen the plans can’t be changed. The reimbursement percentage can be 90%, 80% and 70% of the bill once the annual deductible is met – which only has to be met once a year, not per incident. The deductible options are $100, $250 and $500 – all plans are customizable to fit your needs.
The plan is eligible for any cat or dog and they must be at least 8 weeks old to qualify. There is no maximum age limit for your pet and no restrictions on enrollment eligibility based on previous medical history or pre-existing conditions – no physical exam or vet certifications are required for enrollment.
No waiting period for accident coverage or preventative care. There is a 14 day waiting period for illness and knee & ligament conditions. Premiums are not impacted by the age of the pet or claims that are filed, they are based on breed and species.
You can make changes to the plan, like adding other pets and removing pets but you can’t upgrade the annual maximum, and you can’t upgrade from accident only to complete coverage without cancelling and rewriting a new plan.
Some covered conditions are stem cell therapy, and alternative therapies such as chiropractic, low level laser, hydrotherapy, acupuncture, physical therapy and rehabilitative therapy. Perscription foods are covered along with supplements as long as they are used for treatments for conditions.
Plan exclusions – pre-existing conditions unless cured, and the pet is symptom free and treatment free for 180 days
- Costs related to pregnancy or breeding, grooming or boarding
- Elective procedures like ear cropping, tail docking and claw removal are not covered
Preventive care is covered such as vaccines, dental cleanings and wellness exams. Hartville has a dedicated call center available Monday through Saturday which can answer coverage questions and also offer direct deposits for easy reimbursement for claims that are paid out. They have a 24/7 member center to submit claims, view a current claim and its progress, update account info and view your policy.
If you would like more info on prices or a quote, we can set up a consultation. Please call our office at 860-645-1960.
BASIC PREVENTIVE CARE – $ 9.95 per month
|Dental Cleaning||$ 100|
|Wellness Exam||$ 50|
|Health Certificate||$ 0|
|Flea/Heartworm Prevention||$ 0|
|DHLPP Vaccine/Titer||$ 20|
|Rabies or Lyme Vaccine/Titer||$ 20|
|Bordatella Vaccine/Titer||$ 0|
|Fecal Test||$ 20|
|Heartworm Test||$ 20|
|Blood Test||$ 0|
|TOTAL ANNUAL BENEFIT||$ 250|
|Annual Cost||$ 120|
PRIME PREVENTIVE CARE – $ 24.95 per month
|Dental Cleaning or Spay||$ 175|
|Wellness Exam||$ 50|
|Health Certificate||$ 25|
|Flea/Heartworm Prevention||$ 50|
|DHLPP Vaccine/Titer||$ 25|
|Rabies or Lyme Vaccine/Titer||$ 25|
|Bordatella Vaccine/Titer||$ 25|
|Fecal Test||$ 25|
|Heartworm Test||$ 25|
|Blood Test||$ 25|
|TOTAL ANNUAL BENEFIT||$ 500|
|Annual Cost||$ 300|